Sinhagad Fort clash: How right-wing outfit's objection to girl's shorts led to a fight near Tanaji Malusare memorial
A man was allegedly assaulted at Maharashtra's Sinhagad Fort after an argument broke out over a young girl wearing shorts. Police have registered an FIR against eight members of a right-wing outfit, including three women, and launched a search for...

Sinhagad Fort clash: An argument over a girl's shorts allegedly led to an assault near the Tanaji Malusare memorial. Police booked eight people.
Argument breaks out over girl's clothes
The incident began when the complainant and his family were taking photographs at the fort, according to police. A group of members of the right-wing outfit allegedly approached them and questioned them about their clothes and photography before asking them to leave the fort.Also Read: Kanpur guard earning Rs 10,000 got a Rs 3 crore GST notice last year, lost his job, still running from pillar to post
"A group of members of the right-wing outfit objected to the girl wearing shorts on the fort, which led to a heated argument between them and the complainant. The argument escalated and the complainant was allegedly assaulted," inspector Rajesh Ramaghare of the Haveli police station said.
The disagreement over the girl's clothes then turned into a confrontation, with police alleging that the group assaulted the complainant.
Man slapped, wife allegedly dragged
The complainant told police that one of the accused slapped him during the confrontation. His wife was also allegedly dragged by a woman from the group."The group also misbehaved with another couple and attempted to resort to moral policing," the officer said.
The complainant subsequently approached the police, following which an FIR was registered against all eight accused. The group named in the case includes three women.
Police said they have also received similar complaints from members of three other groups who had visited Sinhagad Fort on Sunday.
Police launch search for accused
“We have launched a search to apprehend the eight accused, including three women. Further investigation is underway,” said inspector Rajesh Ramaghare, in charge of Haveli police station.Police are now searching for the eight accused members as part of the investigation into the alleged assault and the complaints of moral policing at the fort.
The Economic Times Business News App for the Latest News in Business, Sensex, Stock Market Updates & More.
The Economic Times News App for Quarterly Results, Latest News in ITR, Business, Share Market, Live Sensex News & More.