India won't relent on terrorism, MEA says amid Pakistan's reaction on Shahzad Bhatti network

India will continue taking necessary measures to counter terrorism. The Ministry of External Affairs rejected Pakistan's claims regarding the Shahzad Bhatti terror network. Pakistan had previously called India's allegations baseless and rejected...

ANI

Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal

India will continue to take all necessary measures to counter terrorism, the Ministry of External Affairs said on Tuesday, while responding to Pakistan's reaction to India's claims regarding the Shahzad Bhatti terror network. On Monday, Pakistan rejected Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s allegation linking the country’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) to the Shahzad Bhatti Network.

MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said India stands by its position on the matter and stressed the seriousness with which the government views terrorism.

“We want the global community to understand the gravity of such actions. India has been hit hard by terrorism. We have, over the last several years, made a lot of effort to galvanise global action and strengthen global action to fight terrorism, including cross-border terrorism,” Jaiswal said at the ministry's weekly briefing.


Also Read | Security agencies dismantle ISI-backed Shahzad Bhatti Network

Jaiswal said India's efforts to counter terrorism would continue.

“Our fight to deal with terrorism will continue. Whatever action is required to be taken on that account to defeat this scourge of terrorism, we will continue to take,” he added.
ADVERTISEMENT

Also Read | Govt destroyed ISI-backed Shahzad Bhatti network; 200 arrested ahead of Independence Day: Amit Shah

On Bangladesh PM's India visit

India has extended a “cordial invitation” to Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman to visit the country, Jaiswal said. He added that there was no specific update on the timing of Rahman's India visit.

"On this particular matter, when I have an update, I will surely share it with you... We have extended a cordial invitation to the Prime Minister of Bangladesh to visit India."
ADVERTISEMENT

India expresses solidarity with Indonesia after earthquake

India also expressed condolences to Indonesia following a 7.4-magnitude earthquake that caused deaths, injuries and displacement.
ADVERTISEMENT

Jaiswal said India was deeply saddened by the tragedy and conveyed its condolences to those who lost their lives.

“...Indonesia was rocked by a major earthquake in which a large number of people have been killed. A lot of people have also been injured. Many more have been rendered homeless,” he said.

He also wished for the speedy recovery of those injured and the safety of rescue and relief personnel.

“In this difficult hour, India stands in solidarity with Indonesia, and we remain committed to extending whatever possible assistance we can for the relief or in support of relief and rescue efforts in that country,” Jaiswal said.

India also expressed condolences to Indonesia following a 7.4-magnitude earthquake that caused deaths, injuries and displacement.

Jaiswal said India was deeply saddened by the tragedy and conveyed its condolences to those who lost their lives.

He also wished for the speedy recovery of those injured and the safety of rescue and relief personnel.
Download
The Economic Times Business News App
for the Latest News in Business, Sensex, Stock Market Updates & More.
Download
The Economic Times News App
for Quarterly Results, Latest News in ITR, Business, Share Market, Live Sensex News & More.
READ MORE
ADVERTISEMENT

READ MORE:

LOGIN & CLAIM

50 TIMESPOINTS

More from our Partners

Loading next story
Business News › News › India › India won't relent on terrorism, MEA says amid Pakistan's reaction on Shahzad Bhatti network
Text Size:AAA
Success
This article has been saved

*

+