How to open an NPS account online without Aadhaar
Aadhaar based registration for NPS account has been disabled since January 2019. Here's the process to open an account online.
1. Keep these documents scanned and ready
- PAN card*
- Driving license, passport or voter ID to be used as address proof
- Cancelled cheque of an active bank account. Netbanking facility should be available for the same account
- Passport-size photo (4-12 kb)
- Signature (12 kb)
- Visit any of the three available eNPS Trust websites—NSDL, Karvy and HDFC Securities—and click on registration
- Select ‘individual’ subscriber in applicant type
- For account type, Tier I is mandatory whereas Tier II is optional and can be opened later. Opt for Tier 2 if you want to invest for other goals
- Select the bank where you have a savings account with Netbanking facility. The first payment is to be made only through Netbanking
- Name and address you provide should match with the bank records for successful verification
- Choose any of the eight available pension funds.
- Fund manager can be changed once every year
- Under ‘Auto’ option, choose between ‘aggressive’, ‘moderate’, and ‘conservative’ according to your risk profile
- In ‘Active’ choice, decide asset mix from among four available options: equity (up to 70%), corporate bond, government securities and alternate investment (up to 5%)
- Minimum Rs 500 for Tier I and Rs 1,000 for Tier II
- Subsequent contributions can be made through debit and credit cards
- After the payment is approved, you will be allotted PRAN
- Print the completed application form and courier it to the CRA within 90 days
The Economic Times Business News App for the Latest News in Business, Share Market & More.