- Number of undernourished people declines in India; obesity in adults on the rise: UN
State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World report, released on Monday, estimated that almost 690 million people globally were undern...
- Boris Johnson says Britons fatter than most Europeans, feels tackling obesity key to fighting diseases like Covid
The pandemic has persuaded Johnson of the need to address obesity as a major health issue.
- Inflammatory chain reaction
- Coronavirus will affect 1 in 5 people globally who are suffering from lifestyle diseases, says Lancet study
An estimated 1.7 billion people at severe COVID-19 risk due to underlying health problems.
- ITBP-BSF launch 'belly-less 2020' mission, maiden 'couples fitness course'
The two forces are also working on a 'belly-less 2020' plan to ensure that cases of fat and obese officers and troops are checked and these...
- Type 2 diabetics & obesity patients most likely to suffer complications because of Covid-19
Diabetes patients should be in contact with their health care providers.
- Hoarding up on oranges and tangerines may help reduce obesity
The molecule called nobiletin may also reverse the negative effects of obesity.
- Mums-to-be, stay safe: Embryos could be vulnerable to coronavirus in second week of pregnancy
If the mother gets sick, it could affect the chances of a successful pregnancy.
- IRDAI offers relief to morbidly obese
The move is set to benefit many patients as prevalence of obesity in the country ranges from 8-38% in rural areas and 15-30% in urban setti...
- Simply walking not the solution to weight gain; even 10k steps daily won't suffice
On average, the students walked approximately 9,600 steps per day prior to the study.
- 'Obesity paradox' decoded: Being overweight increases risk of diabetes but helps improve survival in cancer patients
WHO estimates at least 2.8 million people die each year as a result of being overweight or obese.
- Is your kid obese? It could be the reason why doctors are misinterpreting blood test reports
70% of the blood tests studied were affected due to the children's obesity.
- Adopt a healthier lifestyle: Obesity impacts sexual health in men and women
Obesity impacts testosterone levels, causing loss of libido or low sexual drive.
- Obesity does more harm to men than women, raises heart attack risk by 29%
Reducing bad cholesterol levels may lower heart attack risk by 6% in men.
- Breast cancer affects men too: Look out for any lump in armpit, neck; people with diabetes, obesity at higher risk
All you need to know about breast cancer in men – how it can affect you, physically and emotionally.
- When a smart cookie chips in: A new chocolate chip design by Tesla comes 80 yrs after the commercial teardrop shape
The new chip was developed after careful consideration of melting points and mouthfeel.
- Watch Your Waistline
- Struggling with high blood sugar levels? Try intermittent fasting to bring it under control
Metabolic switch helps improves blood sugar regulation and increases resistance to stress.
- Mom's weight during pregnancy can affect IQ and physical health of sons, no impact on girls
The researchers clarified that the findings aren't meant to shame or scare anyone.